We are open - safety is our top priority!
Imagine wearing dentures that clicked or, heaven forbid, slipped out of your mouth while speaking to someone. This is what individuals who wear traditional dentures have to deal with, but it does not have to happen to you. All-on-4® implants are an alternative to traditional dentures that are a permanent solution for denture wearers that never slip. Imagine what your life would be like with secure, long-lasting dental implants holding strong, beautiful dentures in place, no matter your activity. We want to help you feel more secure and confident in your choices for replacing teeth. Give us a call today for more information.
What Are All-on-4 Dental Implants?
All-on-4 implants are titanium posts angled to make a sturdy anchor for a custom denture. The implants allow you to have a fixed denture that looks and feels like your natural teeth. Dentists can place them in your upper or lower jaw. Many patients choose the lower jaw for All-on-4 implants as traditional dentures for the lower jaw are usually the most unstable. You can also have implants placed in both the upper and lower jaw at the same time.
Are All-on-4 Dental Implants Stable?
Your dentist will place four implants in your upper or lower jaw, depending on where you’re replacing a full arch of teeth. Two of the implants go in straight in the front and two go in the back at an angle for added stability. The permanent denture will be as secure as your natural teeth were since the implants act as tooth roots.
What Is the Procedure Like?
The All-on-4 before and after procedure is straightforward. First, our dentist will go over the procedure thoroughly during your consultation so you know what to expect. He or she will also decide if you need any preliminary work, such as extractions. Bone grafts are rarely necessary with All-on-4 implant dentures.
After our dentist places your implants, he or she will go over caring for your mouth while you heal to prevent an infection. The posts are biocompatible and fuse to your bone quickly. You’ll receive a temporary denture to wear until the implants heal. Finally, you’ll return to receive your custom-made denture that closely resembles your natural teeth in size and shade. In certain cases, it’s possible to have the implants and permanent denture placed in one day. Once your denture is in place, you care for it the same way you would your natural teeth.
What Do All-on-4 Dental Implants in Wayzata Cost?
Your cost for implants depends on your unique situation. All-on-4 dental implants cost less than traditional implant supported dentures. If you call our office, one of our dentists can go over your estimated cost with you after an examination. You can also discuss financing options with our knowledgeable staff during your consultation.
How Are the Implants Different for All-on-4 Dentures?
Only four implants are used, as opposed to up to 10 to hold a full arch of permanent teeth. The healing time is substantially less. Since the dentist only has to place four implants, it’s easier for him or her to find positions where less bone atrophy occurred. If he or she was placing 10 implants, the procedure could require bone grafts first.
What Are the Advantages of All-on-4 Implant Dentures Over Traditional Dentures?
All-on-4 treatment has many advantages over traditional dentures for replacing an arch of teeth, including:
- Greater Stability – Dentures supported by four implants are far more stable than traditional dentures. They never move around in your mouth. Since All-on-4 dentures are so secure, you can eat your favorite foods too, without worrying that a denture will come out as you try to eat an apple.
- No Denture Adhesive Needed – Since All-on-4 implant dentures are permanent, you never have to worry about using denture adhesive to keep them in place.
- Prevents Jawbone Atrophy – Implants help keep your jawbone from deteriorating as the implant provides stimulation to the bone like a tooth root would. This helps keep your face from changing shape and appearing sunken in.
- You Never Take All-on-4 Implant Dentures Out – You don’t have to remove your dentures before bed and soak them. You just brush them as you would natural teeth. Traveling is easier when you don’t have to worry about taking your denture cup and adhesive with you.
- No Irritation – Traditional dentures sit directly on your gums. They can rub and cause gum irritation, making you less likely to wear them. Since jaw atrophy is more likely to occur, your gums change shape and your dentures don’t fit as well, making them rub even more.
Where Can I Find All-on-4 Dental Implants Near Me?
Our All-on-4 dentist has the expertise to give you a beautiful, natural smile. We’ve helped many people in Wayzata have the attractive, permanent smiles they deserve. Please contact us to discuss how we can help you. We look forward to helping you achieve your smile goal.